Guiding Federal Contractors through Complex Regulatory Compliance and Profitable Growth
As a government contractor, your company faces expanding complexities and oversight in winning and performing on federal contracts. As you seek to optimize financial performance and profitable growth, it’s critical to have a reliable and consultative advisor who understands your industry, provides customized solutions, and helps guide you forward.
Cherry Bekaert’s team of seasoned and experienced Government Contracting consultants is comprised of former contractor CFOs/controllers, Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) auditors and contracting officers, contract managers, government procurement executives and operational and compliance advisors. Our consultants focus on helping you minimize government contract compliance risk and maximizing contract profitability, so you can focus on managing your client relationships and growth.
Federal contractors face growing compliance regulations and audit requirements, from Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) to labor and employment rules, to an increased emphasis on Business Systems and cybersecurity. Whether you’re a large commercial company that is looking to expand into Federal government contracting work or a small business, including minority, aspiring, current and graduate 8(a), SDVOB, VOSB, SDB, WOSB, HUBZone, Cherry Bekaert can help you make the most of emerging opportunities while minimizing any FAR, DFAR and DCAA or other government contract compliance issues. We can assist with your regulatory issues with agencies such as DoD, DHS, GSA, HHS, SBA, USAID and the IRS.
Our government contracting consultants have an in-depth understanding of the Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) program and advise a number of 8(a) government contractors. From the initial important decisions made in becoming an 8(a), to the first contract, to how the company is growing throughout the life of the program, we can help your 8(a) qualified business thrive and successfully graduate.
OIG Report: SBA’s Business Development Assistance to 8(a) Program Pa...
2022 Update to DCAA Hot Buttons Rebroadcast
2022 Update to DCAA Hot Buttons
Teaming Agreement Best Practices for Government Contractors
CMMC 2.0 – Current State of Affairs
Protecting Your Tech Company’s Intellectual Property in a Government...
How Can Federal Contractors Successfully Navigate the Procurement and Contract Performance Process?
Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contracting consultants are ready to help you through the federal contract bid, contract management and close out process. Our government contractor clients benefit from a wide range of customized solutions in the following areas.
Regulatory Compliance & Business Process
- Audit Support (DCAA, DCMA, GAO, GSA,
HHS, DOL, IG)
- Business Systems Compliance, including assessments, development, mock audits/reviews, corrective actions and support during government audits.
- Accounting System and SF-1408
- Earned Value Management System (“EVMS”)
- Estimating System
- Government Property System
- Material Management System (“MMAS”)
- Purchasing System (Contract Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR)
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) Administration & Compliance
- CASB Disclosure Statement Preparation, Adequacy & Compliance Reviews
- Cost Accounting Practice Changes, Cost Impacts and General Dollar Magnitude (GDM)
- Contract/Grant Accounting & Compliance
- Indirect Rate Structure and Strategies
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (“CMMC”)
- FAR/CAS/OMB Compliance
- Incurred Cost Submission Preparation
- Risk Assessments
- Developing and Delivering Training
Expertise with FAR & Other Government Regulations
- Agency Supplements Compliance (DFAR, other agency supplements)
- Audit Support (DCAA, DCMA, GAO, GSA, HHS, DOL, IG)
- Cost Accounting Standards
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Compliance
- OMB Compliance (A-21, A-122, A-87, A-110, A-133)
- Equitable Adjustments & Claims
- Indirect Rate Structure
- Litigation Support
- Proposal Pricing & Cost Strategies
Contract Life Cycle Support
- Contract Closeouts
- Contract Processing & Compliance
- Government Contract Consulting
- Grant Closeouts
- Proposal Preparation Assistance
- Cost & Pricing Proposals in Response to RFP
- Cost Impact Studies
- Forward Pricing Rate Proposals including Forward Pricing Rate Recommendations (FPRR) and Forward Pricing Rate Agreements (FPRA)
- Provisional Billing Rate (PBR) Proposals
- SBIR Proposals
- Small Business (“SBA”) Set Aside Programs and Compliance (8a Program, Hubzone, SDVOB, Woman-Owned)
Compensation & Benefit Solutions
- Benefit Plan Evaluation & Design
- Department of Labor Audit Assistance
- Due Diligence/Golden Parachutes
- DCMA Contractor Insurance Pension Review (CIPR) support
- Equity-based Compensation & Tax Issues
- ERISA Plans
- Executive Compensation Issues
- SCA/Davis-Bacon/Walsh-Healy/FLSA Compliance
- Wage & Compensation Assistance
- Change of Name Agreements
- Contract Novations
- External Restructuring and Proposals
- Contract and Business Acquisitions
Cherry Bekaert’s CMMC Certifications
SBA 8(a) Business Development Program Consulting Services
Checklist of Key Stages of the 8(a) Business Development Program ...
SBA 8(a) Business Development Program: Developmental Stage Services
From the initial important decisions companies make in becoming an 8(a), to the first sole-source...
SBA 8(a) Business Development Program: Transitional Stage Services
Once a company has gained momentum in the 8(a) program, there are new hurdles that...
SBA 8(a) Business Development Program: Graduation Assistance
As companies plan for 8(a) graduation, it is important to maximize 8(a) contract vehicles that...
Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
As a CMMC Registered Practitioner Organization (“RPO”), Cherry Bekaert helps Organizations Seeking Certification (“OSC”) navigate...
Compensation & Benefits Consulting
Maintaining growth and profitability within your company largely relies on the effective use of compensation...
If your business seeks audit attestation and assurance services that are grounded in integrity, objectivity...
Our tax accounting service and advisory includes such benefits as: Tax Preparation and Compliance — Ensuring...
Transaction Advisory Services
Whether buying or selling a business, our clients benefit from the experienced and specialized resources...