Is Your Business Eligible for Energy Tax Credits or Deductions?
Cherry Bekaert’s Energy Tax Credits and Incentives team is able to assess your organization’s eligibility to receive business energy tax credits and incentives, so that you are not leaving any money on the table. If your business makes investments in the following activities, then you may beneﬁt from energy efficiency federal, state, and local energy tax credit and incentives:
- Constructing new facilities or improving existing facilities using energy-efficient technologies
- Obtaining LEED® certiﬁcation for new or existing buildings Renewable energy investment tax credit
- Manufacturing equipment and products that are used to produce renewable energy
- Cleaning up environmentally challenged properties
- Conducting research and development (R&D) or improving processes that relate to energy efficiency, environmental improvements, and pollution control
What Energy Tax Credits Are Available?
Federal Energy Tax Credits and Incentives
- R&D tax credits attempt to develop or improve energy-related products or processes
- Investment tax credit for qualiﬁed energy property (e.g., solar, fuel cell, small wind energy property, geothermal, micro-turbine, etc.)
- Section 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Deduction (Section 179D) for owners and designers of energy efficient commercial buildings
- Section 45L New Energy Efficient Home Credit (Section 45L)
- The Treasury Department provides energy grants for renewable energy producers and for manufacturers of products used to produce renewable energy
- Accelerated depreciation for alternative energy and biomass properties
State and Local Energy Tax Credit Incentives
- State and local renewable energy investment tax credits and grants related to renewable energy production
- Energy tax credits for energy-efficient commercial buildings
- Rebates from local utilities and development authorities for energy-efficient improvements
- R&D tax credits for attempts to develop or improve energy-related products or processes
Talk to our team today and see what energy investment tax credit and incentives may still be available to you.