Insightful Valuation Information to Make Smart Business Decisions
In the increasingly sophisticated practice of valuation services, experience, expertise, and training are essential components to an insightful valuation that allows your business to make informed business decisions. Our Valuation Services team can address a wide range of valuation matters involving transactions (domestic and international), intellectual property, gifting, intangible assets, financial reporting, stock options, and derivative financial instruments in helping you determine the fair value or fair market value of your business or company’s assets.
You will benefit from working with advisors who have specialized credentials awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA), the CFA Institute, the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), and the Appraisal Institute.
Our professionals assist a wide range of clients including Private Equity and Private Debt Funds, Private Equity-backed Companies, publicly traded companies, and family offices, and small privately held companies. To guide your business forward, you will receive an analysis based on the latest standards and ready for defensible audit scrutiny, including expert testimony in litigation proceedings. With the help of our Valuation Services team, your company will get an analysis that is timely, accurate and defensible.
Situations In Which a Valuation May be Needed
Our clients represent a complex landscape that contains both U.S. GAAP and IFRS accounting provisions, which require some measurement of fair value.
The valuations that our team provides will give you confidence in your next business move.
- Business and Portfolio Company Valuations
- Purchase Price Allocations (ASC 805 / IFRS 3)
- Intangible Assets
- Real Estate
- Contingent Consideration (Earnouts)
- Rollover Equity
- Inventory and Deferred Revenue
- Fair Value Measurements and Disclosures (ASC 820 / IFRS 13)
- Goodwill or Indefinite Lived Intangible Impairment (ASC 350 / IAS 36)
- Long-lived Asset Impairment (ASC 360 / IFRS 36)
- Stock Compensation (ASC 718 / IFRS 2)
- Incremental Borrowing Rates (ASC 842 / IFRS 16)
- Derivative Financial Instruments (ASC 815 / IFRS 9)
Portfolio Valuation Services
Our team values a wide variety of illiquid investments to determine and report alternative investments’ performance, which is often required for financial reporting and tax compliance.
- Private Debt Funds
- Public and Private Business Development Companies (BDCs)
- Private Equity Funds
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)
- Family Offices
- Venture Debt
- Mezzanine Debt
- Convertible Notes
- Equity investments in complex equity structures
- Options and Warrants
Whether buying or selling, understanding the value drivers of the business is key. Our experts utilize valuation and industry expertise along with proprietary databases to help clients understand these value drivers.
- Calculations of Value
- Financial Modeling
- Business Entities Entering Buy-sell Agreements
- Due Diligence and Transaction Support
- Sec 382 Ownership Change
Real Estate Valuations
Within our Valuations team is a dedicated group of professionals who focus on real estate consulting and valuations of operating businesses, holding companies and funds, syndicators, fractional ownership interests, and purchase price allocations.
Their specific and unique expertise in technical issues and trends affecting real estate will give you peace of mind in any valuation undertaking.
- Fractional interests at the fund / holding company level and lower-tier operating entities
- Real estate operating businesses
- Purchase price allocations
- Debt and equity securities
- Carried/promote interests
- Real estate property appraisals
- Benchmark studies
- Expertise in Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTCs)
When a proof of valuation is required for certain tax regulations, let our team of valuation specialists guide you forward in the development of a strategy and analysis.
We provide full spectrum of consulting and litigation support services involving valuation and business damages. Our services may involve multiples stages of the litigation process, including pre-litigation consulting to settle a dispute, and can continue throughout the discovery, deposition, trial preparation and trial processes.
- Shareholder Dispute
- Business Valuation
- Financial Damages
- Domestic and International Arbitration