Part V: Current Status of CMMC Impacting Government Contractors
Join Cherry Bekaert, a Registered Practitioner Organization (“RPO”) and Candidate Certified Third-Party Assessment Organizations (C3PAO), for part five of our podcast series discussing the various elements of the Department of Defense’s (“DoD”) Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (“CMMC”) program.
Neal Beggan, a Principal in Cherry Bekaert’s Information Assurance & Cybersecurity Practice, selected as one of the first Provisional Assessors nationwide by the CMMC Accreditation Body, leads the series along with Eric Poppe from the Firm’s Government Contractor Services Group, to provide contractors with the latest information on CMMC and navigating its impact on the government contracting community.
In part five of the series, Neal and Eric discuss the current status of CMMC, including
- Is the rule final yet?
- How does it relate to the Executive Order?
- Recent News Articles and changes at the DoD
- Impact on small and medium businesses
- What should I be doing now?
- Part I: Current State of CMMC
- Part II: CMMC and the DFARS Clause Podcast Series
- Part III: What to Expect in an Upcoming CMMC C3PAO Assessment & How to Prepare
- Part IV: How to Prepare for a CMMC C3PAO Assessment for Certification