Part IV: How to Prepare for a CMMC C3PAO Assessment for Certification
Join Cherry Bekaert, a Registered Practitioner Organization (“RPO”) and one of the first Certified Third-Party Assessment Organizations (C3PAO) accredited to perform certification assessments for the Department of Defense’s (“DoD”) new Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (“CMMC”) program, for part four of our podcast series discussing the various elements of CMMC.
Neal Beggan, a Principal in Cherry Bekaert’s Information Assurance & Cybersecurity Practice, selected as one of the first Provisional Assessors nationwide by the CMMC Accreditation Body, leads the series along with Eric Poppe from the Firm’s Government Contractor Services Group, to provide contractors with the latest information on CMMC and navigating its impact on the government contracting community.
In part four of the series, Neal and Eric discuss how best to prepare for a CMMC C3PAO assessment for certification. As part of this podcast they discuss:
- Current Status & Estimated Timeline
- Preparing for Assessments: Three-Phased Approach
- Types of evidence needed to obtain a certification
- Independence Considerations
- Part I: Current State of CMMC
- Part II: CMMC and the DFARS Clause Podcast Series
- Part III: What to Expect in an Upcoming CMMC C3PAO Assessment & How to Prepare