Part 2: The SBA 8(a) Business Development Program Application Process and Requirements
Join Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contractor Services Group for part two of our new podcast series discussing various aspects of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program, created to help small disadvantaged businesses wanting to do business with the Federal government gain a foothold in Federal government contracting.
- What you will need to prepare for the 8(a) application process
- The five-part application – eligibility, ownership requirements, controls, potential for success and character, an overview and guidance on each section of the application, the requirements and what information and documents will need to be provided
- SBA approval – top 10 reasons why companies do not get approved
If you haven’t already, catch up on part one of the series where we discuss the overall SBA 8(a) program, eligibility for getting into the program, what is needed and what is required:
- Part I: The SBA 8(a) Business Development Program – What Is It and What Are the Requirements?
- Part 3: What Are the Compliance Requirements for 8(a) Certified Companies?
- Part 4: Winning an SBA 8(a) Sole Source Award Contract – What’s Involved and What to Know
- Part 5: Winning an 8(a) Competitive Contract
- Part 6: Small Business Administration (SBA) Mentor-Protégé Program
- Part 7: The Lifecycle of an SBA 8(a) Company
- Part 8: OIG Report: SBA’s Business Development Assistance to 8(a) Program Participants
In future segments, we will discuss what happens when you get certified, winning sole source and competitive contracts and the All Small Mentor Protégé Program.
Our Government Contractor Services group has an in-depth understanding of the 8(a) program and advises a number of 8(a) government contractors through each step of the process to add value and anticipate ongoing opportunities. From the initial important decisions made in becoming an 8(a), to the first contract, to how the company is growing throughout the life of the program.