Part 5: Winning an 8(a) Competitive Contract
Listen to Susan Moser, Partner and Leader of Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contracting practice, and Eric Poppe, a Senior Manager in the Government Contracting practice, discuss winning an 8(a) competitive contract in episode five of our podcast series on the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development program.
In part five, they discuss:
- An overview of what Section 8 of the Small Business Act authorizes
- Best practices for finding 8(a) competitive procurement opportunities
- Single award vs. multiple award contracts, and what to be aware of when considering teaming partners
- Best practices and considerations when putting together a proposal, from identifying teaming partners early on, to understanding the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliance requirements and contract types, to cost and pricing and indirect rates.
- Benefits of requesting a debrief on your proposal
If you haven’t already, catch up on other episodes in our podcast series discussing various aspects of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program:
- Part 1: The SBA 8(a) Business Development Program – What Is It and What Are the Requirements?
- Part 2: The SBA 8(a) Business Development Program Application Process and Requirements
- Part 3: What Are the Compliance Requirements for 8(a) Certified Companies?
- Part 4: Winning an SBA 8(a) Sole Source Award Contract – What’s Involved and What to Know
- Part 6: Small Business Administration (SBA) Mentor-Protégé Program
- Part 7: The Lifecycle of an SBA 8(a) Company
- Part 8: OIG Report: SBA’s Business Development Assistance to 8(a) Program Participants
Our Government Contractor Services group has an in-depth understanding of the 8(a) program and advises 8(a) government contractors through each step of the process to add value and anticipate ongoing opportunities. From the initial important decisions made in becoming an 8(a), to the first contract, to how the company is growing throughout the life of the program.