Matthew Socha, CPA
Title:Partner, Assurance Services
Leadership Role:Industry Leader, Education Group
Education:B.B.A. in Accounting, University of Wisconsin School of Business
Matthew is an Audit Partner and Leader of the Firm’s Education industry group. He leads in the development and execution of the strategic vision of the Education industry group. Also, Matthew ensures high-quality client service and continued expansion of specialty services that will help organizations solve problems and grow.
As an Audit Partner, Matthew has a passion for serving educational and not-for-profit organizations. He provides audit, assurance and advisory services to private and public colleges and universities, community and technical colleges, independent schools, educational foundations and other charitable organizations.
Clients depend on Matthew for timely, practical guidance on many technical accounting and compliance issues such as implementation of new standards, compliance with federal and state laws and grant programs, financial reporting, endowment accounting, and more. In addition, Matthew is a frequent and recurring speaker on not-for-profit accounting issues, changes in audit and accounting standards, and best practices for not-for-profit and educational institutions.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Investment Companies and Fair Value
- Not-for-Profit and Educational Accounting
- Private Club Tax and Reporting
- Real Estate Accounting
- Single Audits
- American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Southern Association of College and University Business Officers (SACUBO)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- Arts & Science Council Young Donor Society
- Charlotte Chamber’s Young Professionals
- St. Mark Catholic Church Finance Council