Matthew Socha, CPA
Title:Partner, Assurance Services
Education:BBA in Accounting, University of Wisconsin School of Business
As an Assurance Partner in Cherry Bekaert’s Charlotte practice, Matthew has a passion for providing his clients with timely, thoughtful and practical advice to facilitate growth of their organizations and proactive responses to changes in regulations and accounting standards. He provides audit, assurance and advisory services to a wide variety of organizations, and is a member of the Firm’s Education, Nonprofits, Private Equity and Real Estate Industry Groups.
Matthew is a frequent speaker on accounting and technical matters, and regularly attends various industry conferences and seminars to talk about changing regulations and their impact on his clients. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked for a mid-sized regional firm in the Midwest.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Investment Companies and Fair Value
- Not-for-Profit and Educational Accounting
- Private Club Tax and Reporting
- Real Estate Accounting
- Single Audits
- American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified ublic Accountants (NCACPA)
- Southern Association of College and University Business Officers (SACUBO)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)