Jeffery M. Olender, CPA, MBA
Title:Partner, Assurance Services
Education:B.S. in Accounting, Florida State University; M.B.A., Bentley University
As an Audit Partner with Cherry Bekaert’s Central Florida practice, Jeff leverages his years of experience providing audit and business advisory services to both publically traded and privately held companies. He has extensive experience assisting middle-market clients in the technology, health & life sciences, manufacturing and distribution, and real estate industries. Jeff is also a member of THInc, the Firm’s specialty practice focused on helping clients maximize opportunities for innovation in the technology, health & life sciences and industrial sectors.
Experienced in all phases of financial reporting and consulting services, Jeff guides clients through complex accounting issues such as revenue recognition,
share-based compensation, and intricate debt and equity financing transactions.
Through his association with the Florida Venture Forum, Jeff is knowledgeable about the challenges growth-stage companies face when raising capital. He has also served as a coach for several companies seeking funding at the annual Florida Venture Capital Conference.
Jeff is also a lead instructor and an integral part of the Firm’s national training program.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Audit & Attest
- Business Combination Accounting
- Debt & Equity Financing Transactions
- Private Equity-Owned Businesses
- Revenue Recognition
- Variable Interest Entities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Chairman, Florida Hospital Carrollwood Foundation
- Treasurer, Florida Venture Forum
- Advisory Board of Directors, Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, University of South Florida