Mark Giallonardo, JD, LLM
Title:Principal, Tax Services
Leadership Role:Florida & Texas Regional Service Line Leader
Education:B.S. in Mathematics, Westminster College; J.D., Duquesne University School of Law; LL.M. in Taxation, Villanova University School of Law
A Tax Principal with more than 30 years of experience, Mark provides consultation to clients in the areas of entity structuring, accounting method changes, and planning for partnerships, S corporations and their owners. He also has extensive experience representing real estate owners and developers.
Currently Cherry Bekaert’s Tax Regional Service Line Leader for the Florida, Mid-South and Southwest regions, Mark is responsible for managing and directing the Tax service line for all of the Firm’s offices in Florida, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. He is also a member of the Firm’s Executive Board. Additionally, Mark works closely with Cherry Bekaert’s Florida professionals to develop tax minimization and problem resolution strategies for the Firm’s clients.
Along with guiding clients and Firm professionals, Mark is a frequent lecturer on various tax topics, and has been heavily involved with a number of internal tax training initiatives.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Accounting Methods
- Entity Structuring
- Entrepreneurial Services
- IRS Controversies
- Net Investment Income Tax for Real Estate Owners
- Owner Managed Business
- Pass-Thru Entities
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Associate Member, Dade County Bar Association
- Associate Member, Broward County Bar Association
- Associate Member, Collier County Bar Association
- Lecturer, FICPA Southwest Florida Chapter
- Lecturer, Florida Gulf Coast University Annual Accounting and Tax Conference
- Adjunct Professor of Taxation, University of Miami School of Business
- Former Adjunct Professor of Taxation, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Former Adjunct Professor of Taxation, Duquesne University Graduate School of Business