Implementing ASU 2016-14
This session will provide attendees with practical guidance and illustrative examples for not-for-profit organizations implementing Accounting Standards Update (“ASU”) 2016-14. The ASU impacts areas such as net asset classification, endowment disclosures, liquidity and availability of resources, functional expenses, and investment return for all not-for-profits. Topics to be discussed includes a summary of the effective changes, challenges we expect all to encounter, and review various illustrative examples of financial statements reflecting the changes.
- Describe the goals and objectives of ASU 2016-14.
- Identify the key reporting differences that require consideration in implementing ASU 2016-14.
- Develop an effective implementation plan.
- Katie Tuite Strader, Manager, Assurance Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Recommended Hours of CPE | 1 Hour*
Delivery Method | Webinar
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Accounting (Governmental)
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to the polls.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device. Please keep in mind we recommend using your laptop for your training session and will not be able to give you CPE credits for mobile technological issues.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
- For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins.
- For all other questions regarding CPE policies – please contact Cherry Bekaert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org