How Industrial Manufacturing Companies Can Recover Cash Through SALT Exemptions and Incentives
The economic health and prosperity of manufacturers is vital to our nation’s financial stability. The ability of manufacturers to manage cash flow for investments in employees, R&D, equipment and production supplies is key to maintaining and growing this critical sector of our economy. This webinar will break down ways for manufacturers to recover cash, reduce sales and use tax expenses, and minimize state tax obligations.
- Apply manufacturing specific exemptions and other general exemptions to reduce sales tax on your next purchases.
- Recover overpaid sales and use taxes from prior periods.
- Identify federal and state credits and incentives to reduce cash outflow.
- Take advantage of opportunities to claim payroll tax refunds.
Host & Speakers
- Sarah McGregor, CPA, Director, Tax Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Anne Yancey, Director, State and Local Tax, National Leader, State Credits & Incentives | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Joshua D. Howell, Esq., Senior Manager, Sales & Use Tax | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Christopher Grimes, CPA, Manager, Sales & Use Tax, Cherry Bekaert LLP
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Recommended Hours of CPE | 1 Hour*
Delivery Method | Webinar
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Taxes
*Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Administrative Policies
Complaint Resolution Policy
Cherry Bekaert will make every effort to provide the best training courses possible. In the event participants are not completely satisfied with the training course and wish to file a complaint, please contact Cate Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704.940.2661 within 10 business days of the event. Information about the course such as date, location, instructor and nature of complaint must be provided. Complaints may also be made in writing to Cherry Bekaert LLP, 6806 Paragon Place, Suite 310, Richmond, VA 23230, ATTN: Cate Miller
Record Retention Policy
Cherry Bekaert will retain all Continuing Professional Education (CPE) documents for five years from training course date. These records will include:
- Course outline
- Course content and handouts
- Sign in sheets
- Dates and locations of training courses
- Instructor credentials
- Course evaluations
- CPE certificates stating amount of recommended CPE credit
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Cherry Bekaert reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any training courses up to 10 business days prior to the date of the event. Full refunds will be provided to registered course participants if the course is canceled or if participants are unable to attend the rescheduled event.
Participants who must cancel their course registration 10 or more business days in advance of the event must contact Cate Miller to receive a full refund of all fees paid. Participants who must cancel their registration within 10 business days of the event, will not receive a refund.