What You Need to Know About Carbon Credits and 45Q Tax Credit
When the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) was signed into law in August of 2022, it enhanced a number of energy credits to incentivize companies to move towards clean energy. One of the credits that was bolstered by the IRA was the 45Q carbon oxide sequestration credit (45Q) surrounding how companies dispose of or capture carbon oxide. The 45Q tax credit can be incredibly advantageous to manufacturers who understand how to take advantage of it.
Matt Brady, Industrial Industry Leader, and Ron Wainwright, Leader of the Energy Tax Credits & Incentives Group, join together on this Industrial Manufacturing podcast to cover:
- Background on Carbon Credits
- How do Carbon Credits Work?
- Carbon Credit vs. Carbon Offset
- What is the Carbon Marketplace?
- How Manufacturers Can Utilize the 45Q Tax Credit
- Deeper Dive into New Ways to Monetize Energy Credits for the Industrial Industry
- Unpacking the Complexities of the Many Tax Credits Under the CHIPS Act and the IRA of 2022
- Deep Dive into the CHIPS Act: Funding for the Industrial and Manufacturing Industry
- Deep Dive into the CHIPS Act: Advanced Manufacturing Investment Tax Credit
- CHIPS Act Provides New Federal Funding for the Industrial Manufacturing Industry
View All Podcasts from this Series