How Real Estate and Construction Companies Can Take Advantage of the Expanded Section 45L Tax Credit
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) drastically changed the 45L Energy Efficient Home Credit (Section 45L) and the Section 179D Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Deduction (Section 179D) quantities and requirements, thus allowing more opportunities for home builders and multi-family developers constructing energy-efficient homes to earn money back. As a result of the major changes in the Section 45L tax credit, there are new qualifications that businesses must meet to benefit from the energy tax opportunities.
In this episode of the Real Estate and Construction Podcast, Mark Cooter, Real Estate, Construction & Hospitality Industry Practice Leader, and Ron Wainwright, Energy Tax Credits & Incentives Leader, discuss how the real estate and construction industry can best utilize the Section 45L tax credit.
This conversation includes:
- Background on Section 45L
- Advantages from Section 45L for real estate and construction companies
- Requirements to qualify
- Examples of successfully utilizing Section 45L
- Take Advantage of New Section 45L Tax Credit Opportunities Under IRA
- What the Inflation Reduction Act Means for the 45L Energy Efficient Home Credit
- Understanding the Expanded Benefits of Energy Tax Incentives Under 179D and 45L
- How the Real Estate and Construction Industry Benefits from the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022