Are You Taking Advantage of All Allowable Credits?
No matter the phase your company may be in – expanding, relocating, modernizing, consolidating or something else – Cherry Bekaert’s Credits and Accounting Methods team can help you avoid unnecessary tax payments. Our team can assist you in identifying value-added opportunities that have a direct positive impact on your company’s bottom line and create cash savings.
Our Credits & Accounting Methods services include:
- R&D Tax Credit — A federal income tax incentive providing a dollar-for-dollar reduction against a taxpayer’s otherwise computed federal tax liability. It can provide an immediate source of cash as well as a significant reduction to current and future years’ tax liabilities. Depending on your state, your company may be also able to take advantage of the R&D tax credit at the state level.
- Accounting Methods — Establish advantageous methods of accounting for optimizing deduction and fixed asset benefits.
- Cost Segregation Study — A cost segregation study is a strategic cash tax planning tool that allows property owners to increase their cash flow through the acceleration of depreciation deductions and deferral of tax payments.
- Real Estate Related Credits & Incentives – There are many federal and state tax credits and incentives that relate to real estate, such as the TCJA Opportunity Zones, historic rehabilitation tax credit, the conservation easement deduction, low income housing credit, the multi-residential and residential credits, Section 179D deduction, and energy-related incentives.
- Fixed Asset Review Analysis (“FARA”) — Implementing a Fixed Asset Review Analysis may provide immediate tax benefits to business.
- Section 199A – A federal incentive that allows taxpayers, other than corporations, to deduct up to 20% of qualified business income in a qualified trade or business, subject to certain limitations.
With a depth of knowledge and practical experience obtaining tax incentives, our team can help you effectively evaluate relevant and applicable programs, conduct a comprehensive federal credit review, structure and negotiate incentive packages, and ensure implementation and proper compliance are completed. Our process includes a review of federal credit opportunities based on your business objectives and tax situation. The most critical element to the effective delivery of credit and incentive services is upfront planning. Our three-phase approach is structured to assist you in uncovering the most applicable credits and maximizing the benefits within your goals and objectives.
Our team is comprised of a diverse group of tax professionals with numerous years of tax experience, who can help your company with expert tax planning. We offer unparalleled knowledge and service in the area of tax credits and deductions and can help your company realize savings opportunities. Many factors set us apart from the competition, but the value we provide you relies not only on the services we have to offer, but rather how those services are delivered.
The timing of income and expense recognition is an essential element of your company’s cash...
Cost Segregation Services
If you are a commercial property owner, Cherry Bekaert can provide you with a wealth...
Energy Tax Credits & Incentives
If your business participates in renewable energy or energy savings, you may be eligible for...
Fixed Asset Services
Unit of Property Determination In the case of a building, each building and its structural components...
R&D Tax Credits
If your business is involved in applied research, or practical and technical problem solving, then...