Carlene Kamradt, CPA
Title:Senior Manager, Advisory Services
Education:Bachelor of Accounting, Cameron University
As a Senior Manager with Cherry Bekaert, Carlene is a member of the Firm’s Government Contractor Services and Government Services Industry Groups. With more than 15 years in public accounting, she has honed her knowledge in the areas of financial audits and testing of internal controls for government contractors, local governments, and nonprofits. Areas of focus include compliance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Government Auditing Standards, including Single Audits performed under the Uniform Guidance. She serves as a quality reviewer of the Firm’s audits of government contractors and local governments. She also provides accounting, consulting, and financial statement review and audit services to local governments and commercial and nonprofit government contractors in a variety of industries.
Carlene assists clients in developing and implementing appropriate internal controls and documenting compliance with federal requirements, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). She also assists clients with system reviews, indirect rate structures, incurred cost submissions, and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audits. She is a valued speaker and has developed and presented seminars and training sessions on government contracting.
Areas of Expertise
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Compliance
- Government Contracting Accounting & Internal Controls
- Preparation for DCAA Preaward Surveys & Adequate Accounting System Assessments
- Financial Reporting, Review and Audit Services for Government Contractors in Accordance with GAAP, FAR, and AASHTO Requirements
- Financial Reporting and Attest Services for Local Governments and Nonprofit Entities, Including Single Audit
- North Carolina Defense Business Association (NCDBA)
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA)
- Assistant Treasurer, Christus Victor Lutheran Church