Title:Senior Manager, Advisory Services
Education:B.S. in Criminal Justice and Sociology, Old Dominion University; Paralegal Certificate, Old Dominion University; Master’s Certificate in Contract Management, Villanova University; Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Old Dominion University; Master’s Degree in Accounting, Old Dominion University
As a Senior Manager with Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contractor Services group, Sara focuses on the specific needs of federal contracting clients. She has supported multi-million dollar, multi-year contracts at both the prime and subcontract level.
Prior to joining Cherry Bekaert, Sara served as the business operations manager of a technology solutions provider to the Department of Defense and other federal customers. She served a similar role in a global systems consulting company ensuring data integrity by providing contract, financial and procurement support and oversight.
Areas of Expertise
- Government Contracts & Compliance Requirements Under the Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR)
- Financial Analysis, Forecasting and Trend Analysis, Project Budget Development Support and Analysis
- Deltek CostPoint and Other Government Accounting and Procurement Systems
- Contract Management and Closeouts, GSA Contracts and Service Contract Act (SCA)
- Software Licensing, Maintenance and Other IT-Oriented Contracts
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA)
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)