Warren Martin, CPA
Title:Partner, Advisory Services
Education:BSBA, Boston University
A Partner at Cherry Bekaert, Warren is the leader of the Technology & Life Sciences practice for the Washington, D.C. market. He specializes in transaction advisory, risk management, and capital sourcing with clients in the technology and life sciences industry. Warren has also had extensive experience within the industries of manufacturing, distribution and financial services.
Prior to joining the Firm, Warren was chief operating officer (COO) of a global AMLAW 50 law firm with over 700 lawyers and 900 administrative staff. As COO, he oversaw all administrative and operational functions including finance and treasury, information systems, human resources and marketing.
With more than 30 years in professional services, Warren’s experience ranges from financial analyst to managing partner. During his 20 years with a Big Four firm, he held multiple partner roles including market managing partner for their technology assurance practice, as well as leading financial advisory due diligence teams for numerous merger acquisition transactions valued between $50 million to over $1 billion. Warren also co-founded a Virginia-based, FINRA-registered broker/dealer investment bank, providing sell-side mergers and acquisitions advisory services for technology and government contracting companies.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Entrepreneurial Services
- Risk Assurance & Advisory
- Transaction Advisory
- Board of Directors, Tectura Corporation
- Board of Directors, Virginia Bio Technology Association
- Former Member of the Board of Directors, Mid-Atlantic Venture Association (MAVA)
- Former Member of the Board of Directors, Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC)
- Former Member of the Board of Trustees, WETA
- Former Member of the Board of Directors, Wolf Trap Foundation