Cherry Bekaert & LeaseQuery: Preparing for Year End: Required Disclosures and Asset Impairments
In this session, we will outline the quantitative and qualitative disclosures required under each of the new lease accounting standards from the FASB, IASB, and GASB. Our review will include detailed explanations of the new disclosures and related calculations, and also highlight the differences and similarities with the legacy accounting standards. The second part of the presentation will be a discussion of the accounting for asset impairments under the new standards, with an emphasis on analyzing lease assets at year-end.
- Identify the new requirements for disclosures under ASC 842, GASB 87, & IFRS 16
- Understand how scope affects your lease portfolio and disclosures
- Define asset impairment and how to determine if impairment analysis is necessary
- Summarize how to account for impairments and the resulting adjusting entries
Advanced Preparation | None
Hours of CPE | 1 Hour
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Accounting
Alex Wiley, CPA | Senior Manager, Risk & Accounting Advisory Services at Cherry Bekaert
Abdi Ali | Accounting Manager at LeaseQuery
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to the polls.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device. Please keep in mind we recommend using your laptop for your training session and will not be able to give you CPE credits for mobile technological issues.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
- For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins.
- For all other questions regarding CPE policies – please contact Cherry Bekaert at email@example.com.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org