2020 Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results
Cherry Bekaert is pleased to present the results of our ninth-annual industry leading Local Government Benchmarking Survey.
Based on responses from local government participants, we are able to share valuable feedback that allows government entities to compare their own performance, accomplishments and challenges with similar entities across the Southeast. The report provides insight into how government entities throughout the region are responding or planning to respond to a wide range of issues from workforce and benefits, to use of technology to, debt structure and more.
Highlights from this year’s results include:
- Retirement was the most common factor attributed to turnover.
- The majority of respondents indicated salaries increased in the past year.
- 59% of respondents say their entity does not need to be more transparent.
- The replacement of aging infrastructure is the most important concern for those budgeting funding.
- Less than half of respondents reported being reasonably confident of their respective entities’ incident response program in detecting, responding to, and recovering from a security breach in a timely manner.
Thanks to the many government, operational and financial governmental leaders throughout the Southeast who participated to make this year’s survey a success!
A copy of the 2020 Local Government Benchmarking Survey Results is available for download. If you have any questions or would like future information regarding our survey or the results, please contact John Gilberto at firstname.lastname@example.org or Makay Carlino at email@example.com.