Getting Started with Cloud Migration
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing has been one of the most significant technology developments over the past few years because it can help companies deliver profitable growth, create innovative experiences, and operate in a responsible way.
Yet, a deep dive and understanding of an organization’s IT infrastructure is often overlooked when making the decision to migrate to the cloud. This can make or break the success of leveraging cloud technology to its fullest capabilities.
It is critical that businesses start with a solid foundation on their cloud migration process. It can make or break a company’s goal to modernize its IT infrastructure.
Why is Understanding Your IT Infrastructure Important?
IT infrastructure is the backbone of an organization’s digital capabilities. The more that a company understand its IT infrastructure, the more successful it will be at modernizing it to meet the opportunities of today and tomorrow.
Cherry Bekaert thoroughly assesses your infrastructure, conducts a thorough inventory of your systems, listens to your needs, and then helps you manage and migrate your infrastructure to the cloud. We have a deep understanding of technology and security risks and regulatory compliance expectations critical to a cloud transition.
What are the Benefits of Cloud Migration Services?
Every company has different reasons to migrate applications to the cloud, and goals for each organization will vary. Here are a few benefits to consider:
- The potential to retire outdated legacy system and realize financial savings.
- Access to new and improved system upgrades.
- Proactively establish pre-emptive controls that can help with preventing accidental or malicious security incidents.
- Integrated digital workspaces that give employees more tools to do their job in a single environment.
- More efficiently manage customer demands in today’s competitive landscape.
Keys Areas to Focus on When Assessing Cloud Migration Services
When assessing cloud migration services, it is important to identify and understand solutions for the following:
IT Managed Solutions (MSP)
- Access to a dedicated service manager
- 24/7 network operations center
- Infrastructure management
- Client management
- Security management
- Backup and recovery
- User support
Cybersecurity Defense Solutions (MSSP)
- 24/7 security operations center
- Managed detection and response
- Advanced endpoint protection
- Advanced network security
- Advanced email security
- Security information and event management
Risk Advisory Solutions
- Incident response
- Cyber risk assessments
- Vulnerability assessments
- Security training program
- Social engineering testing
- Attack and penetration testing
- Security operating center (SOC) services
- Cyber liability insurance
Don’t get lost in the clouds.
Reach out to Cherry Bekaert today to learn more about our cloud migration services.