Accounting Projects & Solutions
Accounting Projects & Solutions provides experienced leadership and solutions driven by specialized knowledge and integrated technology and accelerators.
Whether your organization needs to execute on time-sensitive tasks in a long-planned strategy or is facing sudden resource challenges, we provide customized support and solutions to quickly complete your important projects on your timeline. Unlike a typical loan-staffing arrangements requiring constant directions we execute with minimal disruptions to your team.
Drawing upon extensive knowledge working in public accounting and in a variety of industries, our multi-disciplined, industry-focused teams design intelligent and creative solutions to meet your traditional and non-traditional business needs.
Clients Call Us When They…
- Need for thoughtful and responsive solutions from Corporate Accounting.
- Question if their books and records are ready for an upcoming audit or review.
- Have current accounting financial reporting needs.
- Have special or unusual one-time projects arising due to a current transaction or new accounting principle adoption.
- Have resource constraints issues to complete current accounting projects.
Customizing services to assist with mergers & acquisitions, audit assistance, and financial reporting.
Tailoring our best practices to client’s project objectives and requirements.
Combining technology and other accelerators to deliver high quality solutions to post-acquisition integrations, new technology support and validation, and data analysis.
Innovative & Tailored Service
As part of Cherry Bekaert Accounting Advisory Projects & Solutions practice, we design a custom solution to meet your needs. You can rely on us to collaborate with your teams to ensure a successful outcome and translate strategic objectives into practical solutions that deliver tangible results.
Our aim is to provide your organization’s finance and accounting departments with innovative tailored service offerings to assist clients through the various areas:
- Accounting Services: Financial statement preparation and reporting, including Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) reporting, month and year-end close support, accounting process narrative review, lease accounting software selection, adoption and project management, strategic guidance on special accounting projects and resources for accounting system setup.
- Audit Assistance: Our services are highly tactical. Balance sheet account reconciliation preparation, financial statements and footnote disclosure preparation, audit gap assessment, preparation workshops for audits and reviews, and interfacing with the auditor.
- Staff Augmentation: Our model is solution based, focusing on accounting support, budget preparation, forecasting and cashflow benchmarking, analyzing and handling data, due diligence data room support, and integration management support.
Success Stories & Tailored Solutions
Client Unexpected Turnover of Senior Management
Challenge: A higher education institution experienced significant turnover in the accounting department before and during the annual audit resulting in their inability to meet regulatory and internal reporting deadlines.
Our Solution: Cherry Bekaert assessed the client’s current needs, and obtained an understanding of the current conditions of the books and records prior to year-end closing and audit requests. With this understanding, we mobilized and provided the client with the necessary professionals to ensure continuous internal reporting and audit requirements were met in accordance with prescribed deadlines.
Swat Team Approach to Complete Audits of Private Equity Portfolio Companies
Challenge: A private equity group invested growth capital in one new technology portfolio company per month. The private equity group required that a specific Top Ten PCAOB registered CPA firm perform the audit of each portfolio company. Most of the acquired companies either had not been audited or had been audited by local firms. While the acquired companies had finance and accounting talent, the private equity group advocated for internal talent to focus on priorities other than the audit.
Our Solution: Cherry Bekaert provided customized audit assistance to each of these portfolio companies. Our solutions were led by partners and senior managers who have decades of accounting and auditing experience. The portfolio companies needed solutions that vary widely from focused services on oversight to accounting basics (account reconciliation, accrual cutoffs, trial balance maintenance and audit support). Whatever the need was, our professionals provided a one-stop solution for the portfolio of companies and their private equity sponsor recognized the right solution for them to focus on the growth that lies ahead for the company.
How We Can Help
Cherry Bekaert’s Accounting Advisory Services practice is comprised of professionals experienced in the development, management, and execution of accounting project and solution services. Our practice is focused on solutions for foundational accounting and project needs which increase productivity, reduce costs, and improve reporting.