Data-Driven Opportunities for Library Systems
Library systems are constantly evolving. As digital technologies continue to expand, local governments and their libraries have increased access to quality data, providing opportunity for focused improvement with data-driven decisions.
Paul Folkers, a Senior Manager on Cherry Bekaert’s Government & Public Sector (GPS) team, and Velencia Posso, an Associate in our Digital Advisory practice, hosted Denise Lippuner, Managing Director of our Risk & Accounting Advisory practice, to discuss library systems, their place within local governments and opportunities to implement data strategy.
Part of our GPS podcast series and the first in our library systems mini-series, this episode covers:
- Local governments’ data collection and utilization
- Relationships between libraries and government organizations
- Trends and impacts on library systems pre- and post-pandemic
- Resources to collect and analyze data to improve operations
- Data challenges libraries face
- Opportunities for libraries to better utilize data
- Case Study: A Unified Data Landscape for Maryland Libraries
- Case Study: Tableau Case Study for Frederick County Public Libraries: Utilizing Data To Cultivate Community Connection
- Case Study: Prince George’s County Memorial Library System’s Data Tells the Real Story