If your business participates in renewable energy or energy savings, you may be eligible for tax credits and incentives. Cherry Bekaert’s Credits & Accounting Methods team – provides a full complement of energy tax credit and incentives consulting services. Our team can assess your eligibility to ensure you’re not leaving any money on the table.
If your business makes investments in the following activities, then you may beneﬁt from federal, state and local energy tax credit and incentives:
- Constructing new facilities or improving existing facilities using energy-efficient technologies
- Obtaining LEED® certiﬁcation for new or existing buildings
- Renewable energy investment tax credit
- Manufacturing equipment and products that are used to produce renewable energy
- Cleaning up environmentally challenged properties
- Conducting research and development or improving processes that relate to energy efficiency, environmental improvements and pollution control
What federal energy tax credit and incentives are offered?
- R&D tax credits attempt to develop or improve your energy-related products or processes
- Investment tax credit for qualiﬁed energy property (e.g., solar, fuel cell, small wind energy property, geothermal, micro-turbine)
- Treasury Department energy grants for renewable energy producers and for manufacturers of products used to produce renewable energy
- Accelerated depreciation for alternative energy and biomass properties
- IRC Sec. 179D deduction for owners of energy-efficient commercial buildings
- IRC Sec. 179D deduction allocated to designers of energy-efficient governmental facilities and public-school buildings
What state and local energy tax credit incentives are offered?
- State and local renewable energy investment tax credits and grants related to renewable energy production
- Energy tax credits for energy-efficient commercial buildings Brownﬁeld credits
- Rebates from local utilities and development authorities for energy-efficient improvements
- R&D tax credits for attempts to develop or improve energy-related products or processes
Talk to our team today and see what energy investment tax credit and incentives may still be available to you.