Our team consists of highly trained and experienced valuation professionals dedicated to assisting our clients with navigating the complexities within the current regulatory environment.
Valuations for Financial Reporting
Our clients represent a complex landscape that contains both U.S. GAAP and IFRS accounting provisions, which require some measurement of fair value. The valuations that our team provides will give you confidence in your next business move.
- Purchase Price Allocations in accordance with FASB ASC 805/IFRS 3.
- Impairment Studies in accordance with FASB ASC 350, and FASB ASC 360-10.
- Fair Value Measurements and Disclosures in accordance with FASB 820, and IFRS 13.
- Compensation in accordance with FASB ASC 718.
Portfolio Valuation Services
Our team values a wide variety of illiquid investments to determine and report alternative investments’ performance, which is often required for financial reporting and tax compliance, including investments in/for:
- Private Debt
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Complex Securities
Whether buying or selling, understanding the value drivers of the business is key. Our experts utilize valuation and industry expertise along with proprietary databases to help clients understand these value drivers. Our experience includes:
- Calculations of Value
- Financial Modeling
- Business Entities Entering Buy-sell Agreements
- Section 382 Ownership Change
Real Estate Valuation
Within our Valuations team is a dedicated group of professionals who focus on real estate consulting and valuations of operating businesses, holding companies and funds, syndicators, fractional ownership interests, and purchase price allocations.
- Fractional Interests
- Real Estate Operating Businesses
- Purchase price allocations
- Debt and Equity Securities
- Carried/Promote Interests
- Real Estate Property Appraisals
- Benchmark Studies
- Low-Income Housing and New Market Tax Credits
Valuations for Tax Reporting
Our clients rely on our services as an essential part of their tax planning strategy. As oversight from tax authorities continues to intensify, it is critical that valuations performed for tax reporting purposes be precise and ready for extreme scrutiny. We perform valuations for a multitude of U.S. tax reporting requirements, including:
- Gift and Estate Tax in accordance with Subtitle B, § 2001 through §2801.
- Cancellation of Debt in accordance with §108.
- Golden Parachute Payments in accordance with §280.
- Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plans in accordance with §409A.
We provide a full spectrum of consulting and litigation support services involving valuation and business damages, including in connection with:
- Shareholder Dispute
- Business Valuation
- Financial Damages
- Domestic and International Arbitration
Why Cherry Bekaert
We emphasize collaboration, proactive communication, responsiveness and high levels of participation from senior professionals and Partners throughout the entire engagement process. This ensures that our deliverables are timely and accurate, and allows us to minimize our dependency on company resources and utilize management’s time efficiently and effectively.
Our team consists of highly experienced professionals, many with backgrounds from global accounting, consulting and Big Four firms, and are focused exclusively on providing valuation services. They participate in all aspects of engagement planning and execution, and are fully committed to providing our clients pragmatic and highly robust valuation analyses based on the latest guidance and standards.
Our Service Philosophy
Our service philosophy is to make a difference for our people and our clients. This begins with building strong relationships between our professionals and our clients based on trust, mutual respect, uncompromising integrity and a shared passion for excellence in all that we do.
Our valuation credentials come from working with an extensive variety of domestic and international clients whose financial reporting, tax reporting and management planning requirements call for specialized valuation knowledge applicable to their businesses. Our valuation services professionals hold specialized credentials awarded by:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- CFA Institute
- American Society of Appraisers
- Valuation Firm of the Year (2022), M&A Advisor Awards
- Valuation Firm of the Year (2019), M&A Advisor Awards
- Valuation Firm of the Year (2013), Acquisition International Firm