Contractor Business Systems Series: Part 9 – Navigating Review and Audit Findings
In this episode of Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contracting podcast , Brendan Halloran, a Director in Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contracting Industry practice, who was previously a Divisional Administrative Contracting Officer (DACO) at the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), is joined by Jeff Annessa, a Senior Manager in the Firm’s GovCon practice who spent 13+ years with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and held various positions such as Quality Manager, Supervisory Auditor, Field Audit Office Manager, to continue our series on Contractor Business Systems. The pair discuss how to navigate business system reviews and audit findings, corrective actions, and the Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO) determination process.
Tune in to find out about:
- The two primary types of Contractor Business Systems reviews/audits:
- DCAA Audits: Accounting, Estimating, Material Management and Accounting System (MMAS)
- DCMA Reviews: Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Property, Purchasing
- Indicators of potential findings or noncompliances during a DCAA system audit and steps contractors can take
- The DCMA system review process
- The ACO process in determining the level of deficiencies
- Ways to get a DCAA finding viewed as non-significant and differences between DCAA and DCMA Business System Deficiency terminology
- Tools used by the ACO and how they work through the process
- The corrective action process
If you have any questions specific to your situation, Cherry Bekaert’s GovCon Consultants are available to discuss your situation with you. Contact us.
If you haven’t already, catch up on other parts of the series:
- Contractor Business Systems Series: Part 1 – Applicability
- Contractor Business Systems Series: Part 2 – Accounting System
- Contractor Business Systems Series: Part 3 – Cost Estimating System Requirements
- Contractor Business Systems Series: Part 4 – Purchasing System
- Contractor Business Systems Series: Part 5 – Earned Value Management System
- Contractor Business Systems Series: Part 6 – Property Management System
- Contractor Business Systems Series: Part 7 – Material Management and Accounting System
- Contractor Business Systems Series: Part 8 – Navigating Business Systems Audits and Reviews
Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contracting Industry advisors are well versed in business systems requirements and complex control environments. We guide contractors in developing and maintaining compliant business systems, performing systems assessments, providing audit support, and preparing contractors for audits or reviews by DCAA, DCMA or other cognizant agencies.