State Credits & Incentives Your Technology Company Should Take Advantage Of
To conclude our series on State & Local Tax and Sales & Use Tax for technology companies, we explore a few lucrative state credits and incentives not to pass up. While the R&D credit is probably the most common credit that tech companies take advantage of, our specialists shed light on other, less commonly known credits and incentives.
Cherry Bekaert Tax Partner, Tim Larson, welcomes two members of our Tax Credits & Incentives Advisory group: Director, Melinda Young, and Senior Manager, Nick Cousino. Together, they discuss just how much companies could receive in state credits and incentives through the Job Tax, Employee Retention and Angel Investor credits. They’ll also explain how companies that own and operate data centers can qualify for notable tax incentives.
The conversation includes:
- Location-Based Job Tax Credits
- Disaster Employee Retention Credits
- Credits for Companies that Own and Operate Data Centers
- Angel Investor Credits & Incentives
If you haven’t already, catch up on the first three episodes in the series:
- Episode 1: What Tech Companies Overlook in Sales Tax Reporting
- Episode 2: Sales Tax Best Practices for Technology Sellers
- Episode 3: Three State and Local Tax Issues Tech Companies Need to Address Now
Other relevant guidance:
- Transferable State Tax Credits: Opportunities to Reduce State Taxes
- State Taxes and a Remote Workforce