Three State and Local Tax Issues Tech Companies Need to Address Now
As every state has its own rules surrounding tax structure and income sourcing, it is imperative to your company to consider the nuances of state tax reporting. To address these complexities and much more, we continue our podcast series dedicated to technology companies by discussing three main issues that continually arise for the sector when it comes to state and local tax (SALT).
Rob Schwarzmann, Tax Partner, hosts Cathie Stanton, SALT Leader, and Tony Konkol, SALT Manager, as they highlight key areas of focus that should be on every CFO’s mind: Nexus, Revenue Sourcing and Pass-Through Entity Elections (PTEs).
The conversation includes:
- Nexus & State-Specific Standards
- Revenue Sourcing
- Early or Growth Stage Companies in Losses
- PTE Elections
- Private Equity Considerations
- State Legislation & Statutes
- PTE Election Takeaways
Catch up on the first and second parts of our series:
- Episode 1: What Tech Companies Overlook in Sales Tax Reporting
- Episode 2: Sales Tax Best Practices for Technology Sellers
- State Pass-Through Entity Tax Elections – Don’t Leave Cash on the Table!
- Pass-Through Entity Tax Update
- How Supply Chain Changes Impact Your State and Local Taxes