Explore our Accounting Projects & Solutions Service Offerings
Cherry Bekaert’s Accounting Projects & Solutions provides experienced leadership, within the accounting and financial function, to help clients mitigate a need for intellectual capital or critical resources, which may be driven by market pressures or business obstacles.
Through well-defined processes delivered by experienced professionals, we deliver value-added solutions to each project through mobilization and utilization.
We design a custom solution to meet your needs and collaborate with your teams to translate strategic objectives into practical solutions that deliver tangible results and a successful outcome.
Our aim is to provide your organization’s finance and accounting departments with innovative tailored service offerings to assist clients through the various areas:
CFO Services/Short-Term Staffing Solutions
We help our clients navigate through growth opportunities requiring staff augmentation, critical staffing situations, unforeseen circumstances due to resource constraints to meet internal and external deadlines. Our dedicated team offers:
- Transition Executive Management/CFO Services
- Interim Executive Management Support/Controllership Services
- Manager and Senior Accounting Support
- Budget Preparation, Forecasting, and Cashflow Benchmarking
International Audit Leadership
International expansion is an accelerator for growth for certain companies. However, it creates the need for global compliance, including the need for statutory audits. Cherry Bekaert’s Accounting Advisory practice uses these requirements as an opportunity to ensure compliance with corporate policies while meeting statutory deadlines required by countries and territories. Our range of services includes:
- Assistance in determining the requirements through a company’s global footprint
- Creating an inventory of audit compliance needs in each jurisdiction
- Re-evaluating compliance requirements based on events and transactions
- Assisting in selecting a provider in each jurisdiction
- Coordinating audit requests
- Interfacing with global auditors
- Project management toward audit completion
- Review of financial statements for accounting matters inconsistent with accounting policies and conventions adopted for US GAAP
We utilize highly experienced resources from our industry-aligned team of on-demand professionals who manage strategic projects for our clients. Additional services include:
- International audit assistance and management across different countries
- Group audit project management
- Local country resources for country regulatory and statutory expertise
We seek to understand to your opportunities, challenges, and pain points and tailor a solution to meet your needs. Whether you require expertise in a specific area to fill a skills gap, have a deadline to complete a vital project, or are simply seeking technical competence to solve the business challenges you are facing, we can help in the following areas:
- Financial Statement Preparation & Reporting
- Month and Year-End Close Assistance
- Special Accounting Projects
- Lease Accounting Software Selection, Implementation & Support
Drawing upon extensive knowledge across public accounting, private industry, governmental/municipal accounting, and not-for-profit organizations, we design intelligent and creative solutions to overcome your traditional and non-traditional business challenges.
Our aim is to provide your organization’s finance and accounting departments with innovative tailored service offerings to assist clients through the various areas, including:
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations
- Financial Statement Footnote Disclosure Preparation
- Accounting Process Narrative Review
- Design & Implementation Review of Controls
- Client Interview and Preparation for Audits and Reviews
Accounting Projects & Solutions provides experienced leadership and solutions driven by specialized knowledge and integrated technology and accelerators.
Accounting Projects & Solutions Success Stories & Tailored Solutions
Experienced Short-Term Staffing Augmentation Solutions
Providing Needed Resource Support to an Organization with Unexpected Senior Management Turnover
Challenge: A higher education institution experienced significant turnover in the accounting department before and during the annual audit resulting in their inability to meet regulatory and internal reporting deadlines.
Our Solution: Cherry Bekaert assessed the client’s current needs, and obtained an understanding of the current conditions of the books and records prior to year-end closing and audit requests. With this understanding, we mobilized and provided the client with the necessary professionals to ensure continuous internal reporting and audit requirements were met in accordance with prescribed deadlines.
Industry-Focused Staffing and Accounting Solutions
Leveraging a “Swat Team” Approach to Completing Audits of Private Equity Portfolio Companies
Challenge: A private equity group invested growth capital in one new technology portfolio company per month. The private equity group required that a specific Top Ten PCAOB registered CPA firm perform the audit of each portfolio company. Most of the acquired companies either had not been audited or had been audited by local firms. While the acquired companies had finance and accounting talent, the private equity group advocated for internal talent to focus on priorities other than the audit.
Our Solution: Cherry Bekaert provided customized audit assistance to each of these portfolio companies. Our solutions were led by partners and senior managers who have decades of accounting and auditing experience. The portfolio companies needed solutions that vary widely from focused services on oversight to accounting basics (account reconciliation, accrual cutoffs, trial balance maintenance and audit support). Whatever the need was, our professionals provided a one-stop solution for the portfolio of companies and their private equity sponsor recognized the right solution for them to focus on the growth that lies ahead for the company.
How Our Accounting Projects & Solutions Services Can Benefit Your Organization
Cherry Bekaert’s Accounting Advisory Services practice is focused on accounting and financial reporting solutions positioned to support a broad spectrum of services from accounting, regulatory compliance and reporting, debt restructuring and transaction accounting solutions, which increases productivity, reduces costs, and improves reporting.
Whether your organization needs to execute on time-sensitive tasks in a long-planned strategy or is facing sudden resource challenges, we provide customized support and solutions to quickly complete your important projects on your timeline. Unlike a typical loan-staffing arrangements requiring constant directions we execute with minimal disruptions to your team.
Drawing upon extensive knowledge working in public accounting and in a variety of industries, our multi-disciplined, industry-focused teams design intelligent and creative solutions to meet your traditional and non-traditional business needs.
Clients Call Us When They…
- Need for thoughtful and responsive solutions from Corporate Accounting.
- Question if their books and records are ready for an upcoming audit or review.
- Have current accounting financial reporting needs.
- Have special or unusual one-time projects arising due to a current transaction or new accounting standard adoption.
- Have resource constraints issues to complete current accounting projects.