Carol Surowiec, CPA
Title:Partner, Tax Services
Education:B.S. in Accounting, Florida State University
As a Tax Partner with Cherry Bekaert’s South Florida practice, Carol brings over 25 years of public accounting experience in tax planning and compliance services.
Carol’s comprehensive strategic tax planning experience includes partnerships, S corporations, closely held entities and individuals. In addition, she serves multinational companies focusing on the real estate and construction, as well as manufacturing and distribution sectors. Her expertise includes compliance, consulting and tax guidance. Carol also has significant experience advising entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals on tax strategies to assist in minimizing tax exposure.
Previous to Cherry Bekaert, Carol served as managing director of tax and shareholder at a top ten national accounting firm.
Specialties/Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Tax
- Developing Tax-Efficient Strategies
- Entrepreneurial Services
- Federal Tax
- Florida Sales & Use Tax
- High-Net-Worth Individuals
- Pass-Thru Entities
- State & Local Tax
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Board Member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami
- Past President & Current Board Member, Women’s Committee, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami
- Past Treasurer, Women’s Chamber of Commerce of Miami-Dade County
- Trustee Member, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce