Amanda Adams Appointed to AICPA’s Exempt Organization Taxation Technical Resource Panel
Cherry Bekaert (the “Firm”) is pleased to announce that Amanda Adams, Managing Director of Nonprofit Tax Services, has been appointed to serve as a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“AICPA”) Exempt Organizations (“EO”) Taxation Technical Resource Panel (“TRP”). This prestigious panel consists of 10 volunteer members who are considered experts in the field.
In this role, she will assist the panel in the following activities:
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory activity in the area of exempt organization taxation.
- Providing oversight for task forces created to address specific issues related to tax law, regulatory rules and tax process relating to tax-exempt organizations.
- Maintaining appropriate relationships with the IRS, Treasury, Congress and other government officials.
- Collaborating with other organizations, such as the American Bar Association, as appropriate.
- Acting as a resource to assist the other committees, technical resource panels and task forces, as appropriate, on matters of exempt organization taxation.
The panel does not have an assigned list of projects, but rather serves the tax-exempt community by advocating sound tax policy and effective tax administration. The panel monitors legislative and regulatory activity regarding exempt organizations and suggests modifications to simplify and clarify provisions that relate to these organizations.