Digital Transformation in Law Firms: Part V – Protect Your Business
Cybersecurity and data threats are making headlines daily, particularly in the financial and professional services space. Law firms are responsible for handling a tremendous amount of private information for their clients. Ensuring your firm has a strong cybersecurity architecture is critical to mitigate risk and minimize disruption.
In the final episode of this series Scott Duda, Leader of Cherry Bekaert’s Professional Services Industry practice is joined by Dan Hulen, a Director and Business Applications Leader in the Firm’s Digital Advisory practice, and Dan Sembler, a Director in our Risk & Accounting Advisory practice, who share their insights into the biggest IT security threats law firms are facing, and what you can do to protect your business.
- Major risks impacting law firms when it comes to data protection and preventative measures from security breaches and disclosure of sensitive information
- Data management, retention, and other data “infrastructure” considerations
- How law firms can identify and evaluate reputational risks
- Utilizing Business Process Automation (or Robotic Process Automation) to reduce risk
Cyber threats are at the forefront of concerns for many in professional services, but there are tools and resources available to protect your business. If you have any questions specific to your business needs, Cherry Bekaert’s Digital Advisory team is available to discuss your situation with you.
If you haven’t already, catch up on our series:
- Digital Transformation in Law Firms: Part I – Understand Your Customer
- Digital Transformation in Law Firms: Part II – Optimize Your Operations
- Digital Transformation in Law Firms: Part III – Innovate for Growth
- Digital Transformation in Law Firms: Part IV – Enable Your Workforce