2021 Virtual Not-for-Profit CPE Seminar
Despite these disruptive times, not-for-profits have risen to the challenge and stepped up to adapt programs and delivery methods to successfully address critical areas of need amidst dramatically increased demand. Organizations are being challenged to be more agile, reinvent themselves and do it all with constrained resources.
At Cherry Bekaert, we have been inspired and humbled by the efforts of not-for-profits to tirelessly fill gaps created by declining program revenue, donor support and funding. That’s why we are again offering our annual Not-for-Profit Seminar virtually, free of charge. This event is intended to provide not-for-profit leaders with the tools necessary to embrace a mindset of continuous innovation and rise from the COVID era with increased organizational agility.
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Unleashing your Bounce Back Factor – Leveraging Energy Management to Increase Resilience
9:30 a.m. – 10:20 a.m.
- Denny Faurote, President | Faurote Group
- Sarah Turner, Principal |Faurote Group
Given the unbelievable changes to our environment in 2020, this year will go down as one of the most stressful and challenging of our lives. No doubt, the lack of consistency coupled with very few knowns about the path ahead has significantly impacted the ‘flow’ in each of our roles today. Being able to quickly and powerfully Bounce Back can make the difference between surviving and thriving, and one of the most important elements of resilience is energy. This session explores the 5 Bounce Back Factors of resilience: Physical, Mental, Emotional, Social, and Spiritual and shares strategies to build the hardiness required to create positive energy as individuals, teams, and organizations.
- Understand Energy (creation and renewal), not Time, is our most precious resource.
- Learn the 5 Bounce Back Factors for developing resilience.
- Identify steps to improve overall well-being, productivity, energy management and level of engagement.
- Develop a plan to Power Up our Lives.
Nonprofit Tax Update
11:00 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.
- Amanda Adams, Managing Director, Nonprofit Tax Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Will Smith, Manager, Nonprofit Tax Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
During this session, we will bring you up-to-date on the latest developments affecting nonprofit organizations from a tax perspective. In particular, we’ll highlight guidance received in connection with provisions enacted as part of recent legislation. Topics will also include: other guidance issued by the IRS and updates to the IRS’ strategic plans.
- Identify the recent tax developments affecting the nonprofit industry.
- Analyze whether there are any other changes in recently issued guidance that affect your organization.
- Recognize upcoming IRS priorities with respect to the nonprofit sector.
The Value of Enterprise Risk Management for Not-for-Profit Organizations
1:00 p.m. – 1:50 p.m.
- Mike Dempsey, Senior Manager – Risk & Accounting Advisory Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Join us as we provide an awareness of enterprise risk management (ERM) concepts and an understanding of how ERM can help your organization achieve its mission and strategic objectives. We will review the general principles of ERM and assess how to define, identify, and describe enterprise risks in your organization. In addition, we will discuss the risk management framework and the overall process for performing risk assessments.
- Understand the general principles of ERM.
- Recognize how to define, identify, and describe enterprise risks.
- Comprehend the risk management framework.
- Understand the process and tools for performing risk assessments.
What’s FASB & GASB Up to Now?
2:30 p.m. – 3:20 p.m.
- Bonnie Cox, Partner, Assurance Services |Cherry Bekaert LLP
- Roselle Bonnoitt, Director, Assurance Services | Cherry Bekaert LLP
This course is designed to provide participants with an overview of FASB and GASB pronouncements that could affect private and public not-for-profits.
- Identify and discuss current events in the not-for-profit accounting and reporting industry.
- Review various illustrative examples to give a better picture of the proposed changes.
- Recognize recently issued ASU’s and their impact on not-for-profit entities.
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Hours of CPE | 4 Hours
Deliver Method | Live Webinar
Program Level | Beginner
CPE Category | Personnel/Human Resources, Taxes, Management Services, Accounting (Governmental)
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to polling questions.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device and recommend that you use your laptop for your webinar session. We will not be able to award you CPE credit if you do no answer the required number of polling questions and/or are not in session for the required length of time. This includes issues due to mobile technological difficulties or any other difficulty that is unique to your webinar connection.
- Please be sure that you join the session for which you registered using the link that was provided to you. We will not be able to award you CPE if you join a session using a link that was provided to someone else.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins. For all other questions regarding CPE policies, please contact Cherry Bekaert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org