Best Practices in Endowment Accounting
- Chris Davis, CEO & Co-Founder | ADAVICO
- Jason Edwards, Chief Financial & Operating Officer | ADAVICO
- Lori Fuller, Controller | St. Catherine’s School
- Elizabeth Townsend, Foundation Accountant | St. Catherine’s School
Endowment accounting and donor reporting have become increasingly burdensome on the business officers and development staff of nonprofit organizations. Also, as endowment funds continue to grow and expand, there is a larger chance of error or non-compliance with laws and regulations when using manual processes and spreadsheets. This session will cover best practices in endowment administration, including accounting and donor reporting. We will review the case study of an organization that moved from spreadsheets to a software-based solution which ultimately allowed staff to save time and resources while enhancing internal controls and reporting capabilities.
- Understand the risk factors resulting from using manual processes
- Recognize best practices in endowment accounting and donor reporting
- Identify areas which can be improved with software solutions
2021 Virtual Not-for-Profit CPE Seminar Related Webinar Recordings
- Unleashing your Bounce Back Factor – Leveraging Energy Management to Increase Resilience
- Nonprofit Tax Update
- The Value of Enterprise Risk Management for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- What’s FASB & GASB Up to Now?
- Is Outsourced Accounting Right for Your Not-for-Profit Organization?
- Legislative Updates Impacting Employers
- What Does Digital Transformation Mean for Me and My Not-for-Profit?