Wayfair Three Years Later: What’s Old, New and Next for State & Local Taxes
It’s been three years since the U.S. Supreme Court Justices issued their ruling in the case of Wayfair, et al vs. South Dakota. The results of that case led to dramatic changes in laws for collecting, reporting and remitting sales tax, and opened the door for substantial changes to assessing state and local income and franchise taxes. To celebrate this anniversary, leaders of Cherry Bekaert’s State and Local Tax (SALT) Practice will discuss how these changes are impacting businesses today, and what to expect going forward.
- Keys to managing the compliance burden
- Approach to assessing risks for various industries
- Highlight trends for sales tax and income tax in the future.
Speakers & Moderator:
- Catherine Stanton, CPA, MT, Tax Partner and State & Local Tax Leader
- Lauren Stinson, CMI, Tax Principal and Sales & Use Tax Leader
- Moderator: Sarah McGregor, CPA Tax Director
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Hours of CPE | 1 Hour
Delivery Method | Group Live
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Taxes
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to polling questions.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device and recommend that you use your laptop for your webinar session. We will not be able to award you CPE credit if you do no answer the required number of polling questions and/or are not in session for the required length of time. This includes issues due to mobile technological difficulties or any other difficulty that is unique to your webinar connection.
- Please be sure that you join the session for which you registered using the link that was provided to you. We will not be able to award you CPE if you join a session using a link that was provided to someone else.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins. For all other questions regarding CPE policies, please contact Cherry Bekaert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org