Sustainability in Business and the Future of ESG
On a recent episode of the Risk & Accounting Advisory’s Risk-in-Review podcast, our risk leaders cover the very important topic of sustainability and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG). The term ESG is a relatively new corporate governance approach that many organizations have adopted or are evaluating over the past few years in response to external and internal forces like regulators, investors, employees, third party vendors, and other stakeholders to meet profitability goals, and advance diversity and inclusion and environmental initiatives within the organization.
The discussion covers the following to luminate the importance of this initiative:
- Defining sustainability and how it impacts the ecosystem
- Benefits and barriers to implementing ESG
- Regulatory guidance on ESG
- Next steps and where to go from here in your ESG journey
Related Podcasts in the Risk in Review Series
- SOX 404b versus 404b
- 2022 SOX Section 404 Considerations & Summer Planning
- Third-Party Risk Management and How It Can Add Value and Drive Success Within Your Organization
- What is Risk Analytics and Why Is It Important?
- Taking a Closer Look at the New SEC Cybersecurity Proposed Rule Changes and its Potential Impact on Companies