Lotus Notes to Microsoft SharePoint Migration: Part 1
As Lotus Notes was initially established in the 1980s as a standard software, the circumstances have radically transformed now that technological solutions, such as Microsoft SharePoint, have advanced in the marketplace. Organizations now recognize the power of more robust collaboration platforms for increased collaboration and productivity.
In this episode of Cherry Bekaert’s Digital Journeys podcast series, Trace Armstrong, Senior Manager, and Erin Robinson, Senior Architect in our Microsoft team, will discuss how to manage and simplify your Lotus Notes to SharePoint migration.
Listen to this episode to:
- Identify the structure of the Lotus Notes database and export of multi-faceted data, documents, fields, links and more.
- Discover how a real-life use case understands how migrating to SharePoint is embraced.
- Discover methods and tools on how to seamlessly migrate your Lotus Notes database over to SharePoint online or on-premises.
- Analyze the advantages between SharePoint online and on-premises.
- Examine the drawbacks of remaining on out-of-support servers and common software vulnerabilities.
Stay tuned for part 2 of this series, where we will take a deeper look into creatively migrating a Lotus Notes database to SharePoint online or on-premises.
If you have any questions specific to your situation, Cherry Bekaert’s Digital Advisory team is available to discuss your situation with you. Contact us today!
- Digitally Transform Your Business with Microsoft 365 and Azure
- How to Build an Enterprise Data Strategy Framework – Getting Started
- Digitally Transforming Leading Manufacturers