Demystifying Revenue Recognition for Tech Companies and Their Investors
Join us as we demystify revenue recognition for technology companies – including from the investor’s perspective. Though it’s been in effect for a few years, ASC 606 still carries some ambiguity, in particular for our private equity clients and their portfolio companies. Cherry Bekaert’s advisors are here to help break down the reporting differences as well as provide recommendations related to the changes.
- Deferred Commissions and Commission Structures
- Key Terms in a Contract
- Subscriptions vs. Term-Based Licenses
- Free Trial Periods
- Differences Between a Principal and an Agent
- How to Determine Expected Use
- Understand differences between a term-based license and a subscription
- Understand how 606 makes companies defer commissions and over what period
- Be able to identify challenges with identifying and allocating performance obligations
- Stacy LaMontagne, Partner
- Chase Wright, Partner and Accounting Advisory Leader
- Michael Valerio, Partner and Technology Industry Practice Leader
- Moderator: Liz Slobasky, Deal Advisory Services Director
Prerequisites | None
Advanced Preparation | None
Hours of CPE | 1 Hour
Program Level | Basic
CPE Category | Accounting, Auditing
CPE Capability | Technical Expertise/Problem Solving
Cherry Bekaert Continuing Professional Education: Statement of Admin Policies
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds.
CPE for Virtual Events
- Please join sessions on time, or 5 minutes early if possible. Joining a session late may cause you to lose the ability to obtain CPE based on the following NASBA regulations:
- There will be 4 polling questions per hour of each session.
- In order to receive CPE credit for virtual events, you must attend at a minimum, 50 minutes of every hour and respond to at least 3 of the 4 polling questions per hour.
- Polling questions will not be announced in advance.
- If you view the conference in a group setting, you will still need to log into CPE sessions through your laptop to track your attendance and respond to the polls.
- We cannot guarantee polling questions will appear on your mobile device. Please keep in mind we recommend using your laptop for your training session and will not be able to give you CPE credits for mobile technological issues.
- You will receive one certificate for each course you attend/pass.
- For questions regarding registration or event cancellation, please contact Maddie Robbins.
- For all other questions regarding CPE policies – please contact Cherry Bekaert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cherry Bekaert is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website. | www.learningmarket.org