Final CMMC Rule: March 2023 Update
In this episode, Eric Poppe, a Managing Director in Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contractor Industry practice, and Brian Kirk, Senior Manager in the Firm’s Information Assurance & Cybersecurity practice, share an update on the status of the final rule of the Department of Defense (DoD) Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) 2.0 program and what contractors should be doing now to prepare.
Listen in as they share insights into the:
- Current state of the final CMMC rule, including next steps and an updated expectation on when it will go final
- Comparison of the current projected timeline with the original timeline
- Congress’s concern about the cost of compliance
- Projected timeline implications for contractors and action steps to prepare
If you have any questions regarding CMMC, Cherry Bekaert’s Information Assurance & Cybersecurity and Government Contracting advisors are available to discuss your situation with you. Cherry Bekaert is authorized by the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Accreditation Body, Inc. (The Cyber AB) as a CMMC Third-Party Assessment Organization (C3PAO). As an authorized C3PAO, Cherry Bekaert assists DoD contractors seeking a CMMC assessment with CMMC readiness and Defense Industrial Base Cybersecurity Assessment Center (DIBCAC) Joint Surveillance Voluntary Level 2 assessments in partnership with the DIBCAC.
Having undergone Level 2 assessment as a Firm, Cherry Bekaert has a deep understanding of the assessment process to guide DoD contractors seeking a CMMC assessment.
Catch up on Cherry’s Bekaert’s guidance pertaining to CMMC 2.0:
- Article: Updated Projected Timeline for CMMC: What this Means for Contractors and How to Prepare for Certification
- Podcast: CMMC 2.0 – Where Does It Stand?
- Podcast: What’s New with CMMC 2.0?: August 2022 Update
- Podcast: CMMC 2.0 Brings Major Program Changes
- On-Demand Webinar: CMMC 2.0 Brings Major Program Changes