Part 6: Small Business Administration (SBA) Mentor-Protégé Program
Join Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contractor Services Group for part six of our podcast series discussing various aspects of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program. In this episode, Brynn McNeil, an Assurance Partner in Cherry Bekaert’s Government Contracting practice and Eric Poppe, a Senior Manager in the Firm’s GovCon practice give an overview of the Small Business Administration (SBA) Mentor-Protégé Program, including program goals, eligibility requirements, benefits from both the mentor and protégé perspective and why it’s advantageous to participate in the program.
This is our first podcast on the SBA Mentor-Protégé Program, and we will be doing future podcasts on this topic, highlighting compliance issues, including limitations on subcontracting, accounting and financial reporting considerations, pricing considerations and best practices.
Our Government Contractor Services group has an in-depth understanding of the 8(a) program and advises a number of 8(a) government contractors through each step of the process to add value and anticipate ongoing opportunities. From the initial important decisions made in becoming an 8(a), to the first contract, to how the company is growing throughout the life of the program.
If you haven’t already, catch up on other episodes in our podcast series discussing various aspects of the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program:
- Part 1: The SBA 8(a) Business Development Program – What Is It and What Are the Requirements?
- Part 2: The SBA 8(a) Business Development Program Application Process and Requirements
- Part 3: What Are the Compliance Requirements for 8(a) Certified Companies?
- Part 4: Winning an SBA 8(a) Sole Source Award Contract – What’s Involved and What to Know
- Part 5: Winning an 8(a) Competitive Contract
- Part 7: The Lifecycle of an SBA 8(a) Company
- Part 8: OIG Report: SBA’s Business Development Assistance to 8(a) Program Participants