What’s New with CMMC 2.0? August 2022 Update
Where does the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) 2.0 program currently stand? Neal Beggan, leader of Cherry Bekaert’s Risk Advisory Services and a Principal in Cherry Bekaert’s Information Assurance & Cybersecurity Practice and Eric Poppe, a Director in the Firm’s Government Contractor Services Group, discuss the latest information about the Department of Defense (DoD) CMMC 2.0 program.
Listen in to find out about:
- The CMMC accreditation body – now called “The CYBER AB”
- CAP, a pre-decisional draft of the CMMC assessment process (CAP) released by The CYBER AB
- FedRAMP certification and NIST SP 800-171
- Recent DoD memorandum and DoJ Comprehensive Cyber Review highlighting enforcement mechanisms for compliance with cybersecurity requirements
- Voluntary assessments, which are now allowed prior to the interim final rule for CMMC, and expected to begin in late summer/early fall of 2022
If you haven’t already, catch up on Cherry’s Bekaert’s guidance on CMMC 2.0:
- Article: Updated Projected Timeline for CMMC: What this Means for Contractors and How to Prepare for Certification
- Podcast: Final CMMC Rule: March 2023 Update
- Podcast: CMMC 2.0 – Where Does It Stand?
- Podcast: What’s New with CMMC 2.0?: August 2022 Update
- On-demand webinar: CMMC 2.0 Brings Major Program Changes
- Podcast: CMMC 2.0 Brings Major Program Changes
If you have any questions regarding CMMC, Cherry Bekaert’s Risk Advisory and GovCon Consultants are available to discuss your situation with you.
View All Podcasts from this Series