What’s New with CMMC 2.0? August 2022 Update
Where does the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) 2.0 program currently stand? Neal Beggan, leader of Cherry Bekaert’s Risk Advisory Services and a Principal in Cherry Bekaert’s Information Assurance & Cybersecurity Practice and Eric Poppe, a Director in the Firm’s Government Contractor Services Group, discuss the latest information about the Department of Defense (DoD) CMMC 2.0 program.
Listen in to find out about:
- The CMMC accreditation body – now called “The CYBER AB”
- CAP, a pre-decisional draft of the CMMC assessment process (CAP) released by The CYBER AB
- FedRAMP certification and NIST SP 800-171
- Recent DoD memorandum and DoJ Comprehensive Cyber Review highlighting enforcement mechanisms for compliance with cybersecurity requirements
- Voluntary assessments, which are now allowed prior to the interim final rule for CMMC, and expected to begin in late summer/early fall of 2022
If you haven’t already, catch up on Cherry’s Bekaert’s guidance on CMMC 2.0:
- Article: Updated Projected Timeline for CMMC: What this Means for Contractors and How to Prepare for Certification
- Podcast: Final CMMC Rule: March 2023 Update
- Podcast: CMMC 2.0 – Where Does It Stand?
- Podcast: What’s New with CMMC 2.0?: August 2022 Update
- On-demand webinar: CMMC 2.0 Brings Major Program Changes
- Podcast: CMMC 2.0 Brings Major Program Changes
If you have any questions regarding CMMC, Cherry Bekaert’s Risk Advisory and GovCon Consultants are available to discuss your situation with you.